Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wale: Focused (feat. Kid Cudi)



New Wale single from one of the best albums of this year "Ambition." This one's produced by Kore (who?), but the guy did his thing with some dope drum lines, horns and synths. Cudi honestly does one of the best hooks I've heard from him a while. The chorus just makes this song.. it's fucking epic. Cudi used to be one of my favorite rappers (Man On The Moon was on repeat). So it's great to here him killing shit again. I've missed his out of tune singing.
Wale holds it down, but he isn't amazing here.  One of his doper lines, "And Apostrophe I'm behind that S" is a double entendre. He's saying that he's an aposTROPHIE! And he's saying he's possessing (because of the apostrophe) of some ass (or S). "If it's right tonight, I might bite that, 3 times, show me your peace sign, not with your hand girl, open your knees out!" is also a decent line.
I think that Wale got too caught up with making a stoners song and ended up forgetting about the lyrics. He's the rap game's poet so he needs to get his shit together. I mean, on this exact song he said "fuck rap, I'm gettin pussy off of Haiku."
But regardless, Wale's got a nice flow here, a dope beat, and one of the best choruses I've heard in a while. Move aside Roscoe Dash, Kid Cudi is back. And move aside rap game, Wale is back with his second album "Ambition" coming soon.



Focused (feat. Kid Cudi)

No comments:

Post a Comment