Wednesday, October 12, 2011

2011 BET Cyphers Rap Up




Shady 2.0

The biggest part of this year’s cypher was 8 minutes of Eminem’s new label. Lemme just say that Slaughterhouse is fuckin’ crazy. Joe Budden spazzed! His flow at the end was amazing. His key bar was “I ain’t watchin’ the throne, I’m sabotaging.” That literally made me go “Woahhh” out loud ahah. Shots have been fired. Then Crooked came in brought the hardest flow I’ve heard from in a while. Joell was decent. And Royce was just straight funny: “hi Rihanna.” Then to top it off, Em returns to his “Slim Shady LP” days and gives us a violent, but thoughtful little rap. This was really great to see for the future of rap (and Eminem).


Wale, Stalley, Busta Rhymes, Big K.R.I.T., Tech N9ne, Kendrick Lamar & B.o.B.

This next one was just a bunch of artists I liked. I put together their freestyles. Wale and Stalley do MMG honor by starting things off hot. Then Premier slows down the beat so Busta can double time it so that the crowd can actually hear what he’s saying. “Buncha faces with brown spots like brick oven pizzas.” Yep Busta’s definitely an ill lyricist. The crowd loved him. Then the second hottest cypher (Big K.R.I.T., Tech N9ne, Kendrick Lamar, B.o.B.) starts off with K.R.I.T. He gives the beat that southern treatment and flexes his dope flow. Speaking off dope flows, Tech nina starts off slow and ends up going insane! I woulda been growing crazy if I had been there listening to N9ne’s cypher. Tech’s the most underrated rapper in the game. It’s final. Kendrick continues the dope flows and actually holds his own against some very tough competitors. And like many other people, he throws some shots aha: “Come out of a dragon, I probably can touch the sun with, my bare hands, what’s your plans, to win a grammy? Sweet taste of victory like Oprah’s pussy.” Aahah K. Dot’s a fool for that one. Bobby Ray actually does his thing. He tells people he’s more than just a pop artist. “Ya’ll trippin on TIP? Get of my man’s neck, I’m just sayin Martha Stuart left in a jet.” Great ending to an excellent Cypher this year.



BET Cypher 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment