Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Roots: Make My (feat. Big K.R.I.T.)



Looks like The Roots are gonna make their next album a jazzy low-key one. No problem with that. Black Thought is one of the best emcees in the game in my opinion. And The Roots are a favorite group of mine ("What They Do" was my shit back in the day). Anyways, Thought kills his verse here. His brutal honesty about how poverty is done in the most brilliant way: "When everybody's fresh out of collateral to damage." Damn. Oh and not to forget about KRIT. My favorite newcomer of this year definitely does his thing here:"My heart's so heavy that the ropes that hold my casket break." Oh and he does a real bluesy chorus as well. The instrumental outro is fresh at the end. Add The Roots album to the long list of albums I'm stoked for.



Make My (feat. Big K.R.I.T.)

No comments:

Post a Comment