Monday, August 29, 2011

Lil Wayne: Tha Carter IV (Target Bonus Tracks)



So these two tracks home with CD version that's exclusively at Target. Honestly, I'd say buying it on iTunes is better because it's cheaper. And because the iTunes bonus track is wayyy better than these two. If you are gonna go support him and buy the Target version, go right ahead (I'm gonna). Anyways, here are the two tracks.

1. I Got Some Money On Me (feat. Birdman) - Wayne's lyrics are dope. But this beat is sooo damn boring! And Birdman's incoherent ramblings kill this song for me. This was the only song I won't be keeping from C4 because I can't get passed this shitty beat.

http://hulkshare.com/1tzp99ulcdi7

2. Novacane (feat. Kevin Rudolf) - This beat is awesome!!! Reminds me of the "La La La" instrumental. And the switch to Kevin Rudolf's chorus is awesome. As for Wayne, his lyrics were nice. But his off-key singing is a little tough to here. It's definitely a good track, but I wish he had just rapped the verses. I mean you've already got Rudolf singing an awesome chorus, why would Wayne also sing? And it was such a great beat to flex on! Wayne coulda MURDERED IT. Ah well, I still fucks with it. Edit: I don't know how I missed this. The song is about his cocaine addiction. Keeping that in mind makes the song A LOT better. So guess what haters? Turns out C4 does have a deep and on topic song. Although it's hard to find, Wayne's clearly talking about breaking the addiction to cocaine in this song. This song is wayyyy more dope with that knowledge.

http://hulkshare.com/5aj0t35fdcgz

I can see why these two were bonus tracks for just one store. They aren't good enough to be on any iTunes version (which is where most people will be DL-ing it). If you want one more song with Wayne rappin' over a simple 808's oriented beat, then the Money on Me track is for you. But if you were hoping that C4 could be a little more diverse, then "Novacane" will be excellent for you.
This marks the end of the C4 countdown. Lemme just say that it only gets better with time, so go out and buy a copy of this disk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment