Friday, August 12, 2011

Lil Wayne: She Will (feat. Drake)



Saving the Best for last. Holy fuck this song goes ham. There's NO WAY you can hate on this. T-Minus's beat goes nuts, Drake's chorus is mad nice, and Wayne is at the top of his lyrical game. Now tell me you aren't stoked for C4? And now for the inevitable comparisons between C3 (my favorite album of all time) and C4

A Milli vs. 6'7': 6'7' lyrically was a better song. I thought that Bangladesh's beat was better on that song also. Both had about the same popularity. Better single: 6'7'

Lollipop vs. How To Love: It's tough to compare these, because they're different. Lollipop is a dope club anthem, but How To Love was the song of the summer. I think that How To Love was Wayne's most diverse song, but I actually liked Lollipop a lot. I appreciate Wayne for trying to do something completely different (and succeeding) because it shows growth. But the better single in my opinion was Lollipop

John vs. You Ain't Got Nothin on Me: Both had hard hitting beats. Personally, the addition of Fabolous and Juelz Santana to C3 was dope!! The fact that Rick Ross had 2 verses on the song killed it for me a bit. But Wayne's 2 verses, plus the crazy Polow Da Don beat helped it's cause. Believe it or not, John had been my favorite single (until She Will). Still though, the classic You Ain't Got Nothin on Me featured 3 crazy verses over a dope Alchemist beat. Better single: You Ain't Got Nothin on Me

She Will vs. Mr. Carter: Yes, this is a tough comparison to make. The only reason I'm making this comparison is because Mr. Carter was like a "passing the flame" song, and I feel She Will is sort of the same idea. Mr. Carter was WAY more underground than She Will, which makes it a tough comparison. Based on my first thoughts, I feel that Wayne's lyrics are actually stronger on She Will. It's a tough call, but the boomin' T- Minus beat puts me over to She Will being the better single.

Obviously C4 is one single behind C3 in terms of promotion. Maybe Wayne's gonna put one more out, but I doubt it considering the tracklist looks shorter. That's fine by me because She Will is gonna get a lot of radio play. And I don't feel the need for another Got Money. I want Wayne to make a different album than C3. I don't want C4 to sound like a continuation. The only reason I've made these comparisons is to see which album will sell better. The comparisons were not to show similarities. Rather, it's to let the songs go head to head to show which album has more quality music. Right now, it's a tie. But, it's all about the album's release. If C4 doesn't have any songs like "Pussy Monster" or "Phone Home", then it could be the better album. With the features lined up, it looks to have a better supporting cast than C3. But time will tell with the way C4 sounds. Till then, enjoy the best single from any of the Carter albums: She Will (feat. Drake).

http://limelinx.com/files/be6f5fa5faacf7ead07ddf76f4be19dd

No comments:

Post a Comment